Bay Transit is a service of Bay Aging which is available to residents of King and Queen. Public Transportation is provided Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. to destinations in the following counties: King and Queen, King William, Essex, Richmond County, Mathews, Middlesex, Gloucester, Northumberland, Lancaster and Westmoreland.

How to schedule a ride:

Have the following information ready when you call:

How do I know my ride is scheduled:

The dispatcher will verify your ride. Please keep in mind that a message left on the voice mail does NOT assure your ride. The dispatcher will return your call to verify your ride.


What if I need to cancel my ride:

Additional Guidelines


Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)

King and Queen County has 2 VDOT Stations located within the county, Shacklefords (804) 785-6700 & St. Stephens Church (804) 769-2522. Virginia Department of Transportation's head office is located in Saluda, Virginia (804) 758-2321.

Need to check current road conditions? Dial 1-800-367-ROAD (7623).


King and Queen County is served by U.S. Primary Route 360 (east/west), State Route 33 (east/west), State Route 721 (north/south) and State Route 14 (north/south).

view map | view King & Queen District map



The nearest municipal airport is the Middle Peninsula Regional Airport located in King and Queen County off State Route 33 near West Point. For more information, contact Tim Gaylord, Airport Manager, at (804) 758-2311.

The nearest commercial airport is Williamsburg-Newport News International (37 miles). For more information call 757-877-0221.

Richmond International Airport is within 41 miles. Both are served by a number of major carriers and provide airfreight service. For more information call 804-226-3000.



The County’s western boundary is the Mattaponi River that has a 9-foot channel up to Walkerton and a 7-foot channel up to Aylett. The Mattaponi flows into the York River at West Point in King William County.

Tidal Information for the Mattaponi:

Public Access Landings in King and Queen County are located at the following sites:

Private, Fee-Based Water Access sites are:

For more information, pick up or request a copy of the Park and Recreation brochure available at the County Administrator's Office.